Under the direction and guidance of the HASA Executive Board and Advisory Board, the HASA Executive Director is responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, motivating, directing, and management of an advocacy group committed to serving administrators in Hillsborough County Public Schools. The HASA Executive Director reports to the HASA Executive Board and Advisory Board, and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission, growing membership, and financial objectives.
Qualified candidates will have knowledge of leadership and management principles necessary for directing advocacy efforts, ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups, knowledge of budgeting principles, personnel procedures, program development, strategic planning and program evaluation. He/she will also have the ability to function as the chief administrative officer of a non-profit corporation under the supervision of a governing Board and knowledge of supervisory techniques and staff development. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate knowledge of successful fundraising, building partnerships and organizational development.
The HASA Executive Director must communicate regularly with the Executive Board, Advisory Board and HASA general membership. The HASA Executive Director will build relationships with the Superintendent and his/her Cabinet, elected school board members, local and state elected representatives and senators, local and state wide non-profits and develop partnerships with businesses. The HASA Executive Director will provide timely written reports, attend HASA and HCPS Board meetings, participation in Board activities and contact with individual Board members. He/she has the primary responsibility for communication with the HASA Executive Board regarding the current status of services being offered and the development of new programs to benefit HASA members.
The HASA Executive Director will provide support, advice and advocate for all HASA members related to job security, employment issues and work directly with all parties to enhance the work conditions and compensation for all administrators.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assure that HASA has a long-range strategy, which promotes and achieves its mission and makes consistent and timely progress.
2. Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the HASA Executive Board and carry out authorized plans.
3. Work with HASA Executive Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
4. Maintain a working knowledge of significant legislative developments and policy trends that impact administrators in Hillsborough County Public Schools.
5. Publicize the activities of HASA, its programs and goals through various means of communication including websites, social media, email, television and video production, newsletters, marketing, and more.
6. Develop and maintain effective mechanisms for necessary fund raising, marketing, public relations and community involvement.
7. Establish and maintain sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations, including but not limited to Florida Association of School Administrators (FASA) and the Central Florida Coalition of School Administrators.
8. Represent the programs and point of view of HASA to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
9. Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices. Work with the staff and the Board in preparing a budget; see that HASA operates within budget guidelines. Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit HASA to carry out its work.
10. Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
11. See that the Board is kept fully informed on the status of HASA and all-important factors influencing it.
12. Continually evaluate and respond positively to the ongoing needs of HASA and serve as liaison/advocate for the Board and membership.
13. Participate in District and Community Committees/Boards as requested by the HASA Executive Board.
14. Perform any other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: A master's degree. Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Educational Leadership or a closely related field required.
Experience: Retired or former administrator in education or related-industry with ten years of increasingly responsible leadership experience required. Administrative experience with Hillsborough County Public Schools preferred.
Florida Professional Educator Certificate with Educational Leadership, School Principal, or Administration and Supervision preferred.
Professional references, including title, relationship to applicant, and contact information, will be required.